Friday 8 June 2012

Day 10

Ok so Barton has had the day off today so Mrs Pakes is having to fill in. We had a nice lay in and then got up and opened my birthday cards.  My friend Jill very kindly sent me some dollars so I was able to go on a spending spree. After a lovely lazy start to the day, sitting in the shade reading my book, Mr Pakes went off with some of the group to a firing range to shoot pistols.  He had a great time and fired off 100 rounds. Meanwhile I went shopping with one of the girls and bought a hairclip and some earrings to match, thanks to Jill.  In the morning when I was asking where there was a bookstore somebody said, come and look at the horses, so I went outside and there was a parade of horses going down the street, something to do with Santa Fe day!

Any way we had a lovely rest day and I enjoyed my birthday, rang mum tonight which made her day!  Barton will be back tomorrow after a well deserved rest (he spent the day in bed). Off to Gallup tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. Photo of the jewellery? Glad you had a good birthday. Gales have died done here, at last!

    ReplyDelete